Membership of the CCMW is open for individual scholars who sympathize with the Reformed tradition, and have a proven interest in renewal of church practices and/or mission. Senior members have demonstrated to possess good research skills, affinity to inter-disciplinary research, and they publish regularly in peer-reviewed relevant journals. Junior members are usually PhD-students, working on a topic in missiology and/or practical theology. All members are expected to invest a substantial amount of research time (at least 0.2 fte, or at least 50% of their allocated research time) in the Centre.
The meeting schedule for members is as follows:
- All members will meet every month (10x per year) with the purpose of sharing ongoing research, supervising PhD work, and preparing publications.
- If necessary, they will meet once every year for an extensive discussion of ongoing PhD work. This may be combined with PhD sessions of other faculties.
- Twice per five years the CCMW will organize an international academic conference.
- Twice per five years the Praktijkcentrum will organize a conference for a wider audience in the Netherlands.
- Twice per five years the CCMW will organize a Summer School on a subject related to church and mission in the West.
- Additionally, there will be meetings in the interest of grant preparation, editorial sessions, etc.
The CCMW aims at welcoming a wide range of national and international partners in the interest of the Centre’s objectives. Partners can be individuals or organizations and institutions. Also, partnerships can be permanent or project-based. In general a partnership is somewhat less structured than a membership. Partners invest time and/or other means in shared projects, but they do not necessarily participate in all meetings. Partnerships are formalized in a written and signed agreement, stipulating the nature of the partnership and the investment.
Information about memberships and partnerships can be requested at the director of the CCMW, Prof. dr. Stefan Paas (firstname.lastname@example.org).